Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Honey-Cumin Marinated Pork Chops

from Erin (as seen on Cooking for Real on Food Network, but I can't find the recipe online)

Into a gallon Ziplock bag put
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp vegetable oil
some salt and pepper

Add 4 large pork chops and mush around so that they get covered.

Cook after an hour or freeze immediately.
To serve: Thaw on the counter if possible because the meat will cook better if it is room temperature rather than cold from the fridge. The meat will be marinating while it is thawing. Since the marinade has oil in it, it won't stick to your cooking surface, so no need to add any. Either grill, or fry in a hot skillet about 5-6 minutes on one side then flip and cook another 4-5 more, until it's a little brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I tried this, I hope everyone liked it! The cumin gave it a nice smokey flavor. I just wish we had grilled them outside. I used my indoor grill and it took forever and made a big mess. Hopefully everyone else had more success. Sorry if not!

    ReplyDelete